Posts tagged reference
Posts tagged reference
puckthebunny’s fiery hair tutorial is so much easier to view and more organized than my mermaid one was, and so she totally inspired me to get my act together with mine~ Here’s the original that was done a few months back for better quality photos: Here!
Just a quick look on how I colored my extensions!
- First color is Manic Panic’s Voodoo Blue, as this matches up with the bottom layer of my actual hair. This helps to blend the extensions and my actual hair.
- This is where the ombre to the next colors happens. By mixing the first and second major color, it helps to blend them and make them look less harsh. Here is Manic Panic’s Voodoo Blue and Direction’s Apple Green mixed together in 1:1 ratios.
- The next is just Direction’s Apple Green.
- Another mix! Direction’s Apple Green and Direction’s Fluorescent Glow in the same ratio.
- Then, at the ends it’s just Direction’s Fluorescent Glow.
Make sure to really blend the colors, especially if you don’t want any straight across lines, on your hair/extensions. As you go on with your other pieces (I started at the bottom row of extensions) make sure to clip them in and go from there. I only did one piece at a time to make sure the sections of color matched up perfectly.
Have you noticed the Mosquitos are already out! Here is a homemade trap to help keep you and the kiddos from being a blood donor!!!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
REBLOGGING BECAUSE IMPORTANT
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times. <sma
How to make your ramen 9001x better, courtesy of /ck/
QUICK EGG IN UR RAMEN TRICK MY FRIEND TAUGHT ME IN HIGH SCHOOL
pour just enough water into your pot to cover your noodles and other ingredients, then get a small cup/fancy measuring 1 cup cup or w/e and measure out another cuppa watta. dump that shit in too.
make ur ramen. just start boiling and dump whatever you’re supposed to put in in the beginning. u know how to make ramen this isn’t ramen for snot nosed sobbing beginners ok
KEY PART: you know how it says on the back of the package to cook for about 4-5 minutes?? we’re cooking for 5 minutes. wait for your ramen to cook for the first three minutes. stare hungrily if you must. but the EXACT MOMENT 3 minutes hit here’s what you do:
- SCREAM. and then stir your noodles to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. (scream is optional) also make sure your broth is still more or less covering your noodles, if its not add a bit more. it doesn’t matter if some is still sticking up we just don’t want chewy noodles (unless you’re into that) (i’m into that)
- make a lil hole in your noodles. this little hole must have broth in it and nothing more. make it in the middle or the side it honestly doesn’t matter you just need a clear shot to the bottom of the pot
- crack your egg and toss that mother into the hole.
- COVER EGG WITH NOODLES AS QUICK AS YOU CAN
- DON’T. STIR.
- I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU STIR FOR THE REMAINING MINUTE AND A HALF YOU probably won’t ruin anything you’ll just have egg drop soup i guess but IF YOU DON’T STIR
- Congratulations, you have poached an egg in your broth! Your poached egg now tastes like your ramen broth. Revel in your victory.
- no seriously that egg will be mildly chewy deliciousness oh my god if you can perfect this technique you will never have your egg in your ramen another way again
this is as close as you’ll get to ramen made in a restaurant…
YES THANK YOU.
Ramen is super easy to spice up into a really good meal, and you can add things to it and actually get some nutrients and not just a crappy plain old bowl of noodles and broth.
I like putting scallions, crush red pepper flakes, and eggs in mine. I’ve also put mushrooms and carrots in too, and that’s tasty if you want to add veggies. Also my favorite ramen flaver is Oriental. It’s really quick and easy to make it this way too.
i live off fancy cheap ramen at home
got an egg? some green onion? fuggetaboutit
I always add egg, green onion, and cayenne pepper to my ramen, regardless of what flavor it is (unless it’s creamy chicken, then I just add the green onion)
if I ever make steak or roast or beef brisket I take leftover meat and put it in my beef ramen and ohhh shit is that tasty
now I’m getting hungry for ramen :|
Bringing it back.
Want to collaborate on a Google Doc with Nietzsche, Shakespeare, Dostoyevsky, Dickinson, Dickens and Poe?
Click here. Start typing. Enjoy the hilarity.
Ninja Update: Wanna see something fun? Mention Shakespeare in a sentence and see what happens.
OKAY SO I STARTED WRITING HARRY POTTER CRACK FANFICTION WHEN SHAKESPEARE CHANGED DRACO’S NAME TO HIS. AND THEN HE WROTE DEEPLY AFTER EVERYTHING I CANT BREATHE SOMEONE HELP.
Dostoyevsky changed ‘factory’ to ‘edifice of anguish’, Shakespeare keeps changing all my yous to thous, and Poe just told me he wishes he could write as mysteriously as a cat whatever that means
Check out this list of abortion funds organized by state
A comic about bullying that made me cry in the office this morning…
if you’ve not already read it, you should.
Wow, I’m just gonna casually reblog this because I’m pretty much going through the same thing myself.
Being bullied and mainly shunned because I can’t speak up for myself, ahaha…
Everyone, please read this manga! Not only does it touch upon the issues of bullying in the Japanese school system. It is known as ijime, and is almost an institutionalized form of bullying that is to an extreme due to the fact of Japan being largely homogeneous. A Japanese saying that really shows the general mindset of individuality vs. group mentality is: ”The nail that sticks out gets hammered down” idiomatic phrase.
(I wrote a rather long commentary on this manga, so I put the rest under a Read More. It is largely spoiler free).
all the videos from the previous post were hosted on megavideo, so none of them work anymore, and i felt really bad for those who reblogged it and were all happy and giggles and whatever that they can watch miyazaki’s wonders in the evening. so here is a new post, with links that work. have fun :) oh and this time without download, only english dubbed versions
Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg, preferably organic (cover & chill remaining beaten egg for tomorrow’s cookie cup… you will be making another one!)
- tiny splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute with 3:1 of cake flour and all purpose flour)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch salt
- heaping 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.
253.2 calories, 13.8 grams fat, 8.4 grams saturated fat, 2.9 grams fiber, 17.5 grams sugars, 2.4 grams protein
If I don’t reblog this, I will regret losing the recipe.
What she said
RIGHT! off to try this
JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL